If you have detected the signs that a leak may have occurred, you should take the following actions:
- Leave the leak area immediately. Walk into the wind away from the possible hazardous fumes.
- Do not touch, breathe, or make contact with leaking liquids.
- Do not light a match, start an engine, use a wireless telephone, switch on/off light switches, or do anything that may create a spark.
- From a safe location, call 9-1-1 or your local emergency response number and the pipeline company. Call collect, if needed, and give your name, phone number, a description of the leak and its location.
- Warn others if you can do so safely.
- Do not drive into a leak or vapor cloud area.